Magic Notion Press Page
Magic Notion is an independent game developer made up of Richard Franke and Kieran Keegan, on a quest to make amusing, thought provoking, inclusive and original games.
Richard Franke - Founder/Director
Richard has worked in the games industry since 1996 on a string of award winning titles including:
- Startopia (PC) - Artist
- Urban Chaos (Dreamcast/Playstation/PC) - Artist
- Burnout 3: Takedown (Playstation 2/XBox) - World Artist/UI Artist
- Burnout: Revenge (Playstation 2/XBox/XBox 360/PC) - Environment Art Lead
- BLACK (Playstation 2/XBox) - Environment Art Lead
- Burnout Paradise (Playstation 3/XBox 360/PC) - Associate Art Director
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Playstation 3/XBox 360/PC) - World Design Consultant
- Burnout CRASH! (iOS) - Creative Director
- Tearaway (PS Vita) - Senior Artist
Richard has also been doing drag on the side since about 2009. His alter ego 'Kitty Powers' has hosted a number of events, and stars in Magic Notion's debut title 'Kitty Powers' Matchmaker'.
Magic Notion was formed in January 2013 by Richard, shortly after he left EA Criterion.
He teamed up with Graduate Software Engineer Kieran Keegan, who had previously applied for a job at Criterion. His skill set was more appropriate for what Richard had in mind, and they began working on their first project.
Bringing in contractors when necessary, they have developed their first game 'Kitty Powers' Matchmaker' using the Unity engine.
Logo and Icon
Richard Franke - Game Direction, etc
Kieran Keegan - Code, etc.